I’ve always used BB Creams since they’re so easy to apply (with my fingers), acts as a primer, has SPF and moisturizes – basically a bunch of products in one. However, since summer’s coming up, I wanted to look for a foundation that will be lightweight and gives great coverage that lasts throughout the day (since i work 9-to5, I don’t want my “face” to be gone by the end of the day LOL).
I did some research and it came down to this foundation (Chanel Perfection Lumiere) or the Lasting Lift from Georgio Armani. I went with Chanel b/c they both had great reviews but this one was less expensive.
(fyi, my skin is combination dry)
Application – I use a foundation brush but I think you can use your fingers. I wouldn’t recommend using a sponge that is to absorbent.
Feeling – It blends and spreads well, absorbs fast into the skin and easily buildable for more coverage. It feels much lighter than my BB cream (Dr. Jardt Silver).
Finish – semi matte – sometimes if I want a more dewy look, I apply some highlighter (Benefit Girl Meets Pearl). I also don’t need to powder after this.
- I found that even though this is a very lightweight foundation, it actually lasts all day – no touchup required.
- Comes in 20 different shades!
- It looks and feels very light weight and still provides enough coverage – no cake faces! *thumbs up*
- My skin’s been extra dry lately and I find that I have dry patches after applying foundation. Using a finishing mist after did the trick but maybe I’ll try using a primer before applying. If you have oily or combination oily, this may be perfect for you.
- Steep Price – it’s $55 CAD
I got this product in the 12 Beige Rose (Yes, i’m very light skinned). To see the shades it comes in and other details on the product, visit the website.
Let me know if you have any questions on this product!